Arts on Douglas was established in 1996 by artist and Atlantic Center for the Arts (ACA) founder, Doris Leeper and, artist and benefactor, Ed Harris. Originally conceived as a commercial gallery to promote the work and careers of professional artists from the state of Florida, the gallery has since formalized its affiliation with Atlantic Center for the Arts, combining missions, resources and programs, in order to further facilitate community engagement with the creative arts.
Arts on Douglas, a division of the Atlantic Center for the Arts, is now accepting submissions to Small Things Considered, the gallery's annual year-end art exhibition of works 10” x 10” or smaller.
This call for artists is open to Florida artists in all media excluding video/sound and installation art. Only original artwork will be considered. Applicants must be 18 years or older. Applying artists must not have current gallery representation in Volusia County.*
Submission deadline: Saturday, October 24, 2020
Notification: Saturday, October 31, 2020
Exhibition dates: December 5, 2020 - January 5, 2021
Opening reception: Saturday, December 5, 4 -7 PM
- Original works of art
- 2D or 3D
- 10" x 10” x 10” or smaller (including frame)
- Artists working in Florida
- All works submitted for exhibition must be available for sale
- Include up to 5 quality digital JPG images of works.
- Include a numbered image inventory including titles, media, dimensions (H x W x D), and retail prices (PDF or Word Document).
- Include Curriculum Vitae (artist resume) and/or biographical statement.
- Include Artist Statement (optional).
- Image files must be labeled with artwork titles.
- Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
- All submissions must represent the actual artwork as closely as possible.
Submission deadline is midnight, Saturday, October 24, 2020.
All submissions will be juried by an anonymous panel of professional advisers along with the Gallery Director. Due to the volume of submissions received, we cannot accept phone inquiries, unsolicited submissions by email, mail, or unscheduled gallery visits for portfolio reviews. All applicants will be notified by email.
*Please note: Arts on Douglas has an exclusivity agreement with the artists we exhibit. Our exclusivity radius is Volusia County. If you exhibit your work with or are represented by another gallery, art space or art center in Volusia County, as a courtesy to your current representative, your submission will not be reviewed.
General Guidelines (if accepted):
- The artist agrees to a 50/50 commission split with the gallery.
- The artist is responsible for the delivery of artwork: November 17 - 28, 2020.
- The artist is responsible for pick-up of unsold artworks: January 6 - 13, 2021.