Arts on Douglas, a division of the Atlantic Center for the Arts, is now accepting submissions for the annual themed exhibition, Endless Summer. This is an opportunity for Florida artists to submit work that demonstrates their interpretation of the Endless Summer theme: summer ideals, memories, or perceptions of the summer season.
We are accepting submissions from Florida artists working in all media excluding video/sound and installation art. Only original artwork will be considered. Applicants must be 18 years or older. Applying artists must not have current gallery representation in Volusia County.*
Submission deadline: Midnight, June 20, 2020
Notification: June 27, 2020
- 2D or 3D original artwork.
- Open to artists residing in Florida.
- All works submitted for the exhibition must be available for sale.
- Upload digital images for up to 5 pieces (jpg format)
- Upload a numbered image inventory that includes titles, media, dimensions (HxWxD), and retail prices (pdf or doc/docx file).
- Upload Curriculum Vitae (artist resume) and/or biographical statement (pdf or doc/docx file).
- Image file titles must correspond to artwork titles used on the numbered inventory.
- Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
- All submission images must represent the actual artwork as closely as possible.
All submissions will be juried by an anonymous panel of art professionals collectively with the Gallery Director. Due to the volume of submissions received, we cannot accept phone inquiries, unsolicited submissions by email, mail, or unscheduled gallery visits for portfolio reviews. All applicants will be notified by e-mail.
*Please note: Arts on Douglas has an exclusivity agreement with the artists we exhibit. Our exclusivity radius is Volusia County. If you exhibit your work with or are represented by another gallery, art space, or art center in Volusia County, as a courtesy to your current representative, your submission will not be reviewed.
Exhibition dates: August 1 - 29, 2020
Opening: Saturday, August 1 (Details TBD as they relate to circumstances surrounding Covid-19 at that time)
Acceptance Terms (if selected):
- Artist must provide high-resolution images of works selected for the exhibition for use on our website and for publicity purposes.
- Artist agrees to a 50/50 commission split of all sold works.
- Artist is responsible for the delivery or shipment of artwork to arrive between July 21-25, 2020. Delivery of artwork can only be accepted during our regular hours of operation.
- Artist is responsible for the pick-up or return shipment of unsold artworks during gallery hours: September 1 - 5, 2020.
- If an Artist is shipping their work, they are responsible for round-trip shipping costs, including insurance, if applicable. The gallery is not responsible for damage incurred during shipment.