Arts on Douglas

There are presently no open calls for submissions.


Arts on Douglas was established in 1996 by artist and Atlantic Center for the Arts (ACA) founder, Doris Leeper and, artist/benefactor, Ed Harris. Originally conceived as a commercial gallery to promote the work and careers of professional artists from the state of Florida, the gallery has since formalized its affiliation with Atlantic Center for the Arts, combining missions, resources and programs, in order to further facilitate community engagement with the creative arts.

Located in historic downtown New Smyrna Beach, the building was formerly a used furniture warehouse, and originally a 1930's era Ford showroom and service center. The building was transformed into a 3,500 square foot exhibition space that presents 18 exhibitions a year. The gallery's ongoing exhibition program features a broad spectrum of artistic styles, media and temperaments, including experimental genres in its newest addition, the alt_space gallery.