Arts on Douglas was established in 1996 by artist and Atlantic Center for the Arts (ACA) founder, Doris Leeper and, artist/benefactor, Ed Harris. Originally conceived as a commercial gallery to promote the work and careers of professional artists from the state of Florida, the gallery has since formalized its affiliation with Atlantic Center for the Arts, combining missions, resources and programs, in order to further facilitate community engagement with the creative arts.
This call for artists is open to Florida artists in all media excluding video/sound and installation art. Only original artwork will be considered. Applicants must be 18 years or older. Applying artists must not have current gallery representation in Volusia County.*
Submission deadline: October 21, 2016
- Original works of art
- 2D or 3D
- 10" x 10” x 10” or smaller (including frame)
- Artists working in Florida
- All works submitted for exhibition must be available for sale
- Include up to 5 quality digital JPG images of works.
- Numbered image inventory including titles, media, dimensions (hxwxd), and retail prices.
- Include Curriculum Vitae (artist resume) and/ or biography.
- Include Artist Statement (optional).
- Files must be labeled with artwork titles.
- Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
- All submissions must represent the actual artwork as closely as possible.
Exhibition dates: December 3, 2016 - January 10, 2017
- Artist must provide Arts on Douglas images of works to be included in the exhibition and additional exhibition materials.
- Artist agrees to a 50/50 commission split with the gallery.
- Artist is responsible for the delivery of artwork: November 15 - 26, 2016.
- Artist is responsible for pick up of unsold artworks: January 11 - 17, 2017.