Arts on Douglas was established in 1996 by artist and Atlantic Center for the Arts (ACA) founder, Doris Leeper and, artist and benefactor, Ed Harris. Originally conceived as a commercial gallery to promote the work and careers of professional artists from the state of Florida, the gallery has since formalized its affiliation with Atlantic Center for the Arts, combining missions, resources and programs, in order to further facilitate community engagement with the creative arts.
Arts on Douglas, a division of the Atlantic Center for the Arts, is now accepting submissions to Small Things Considered, the gallery's annual year-end art exhibition of works 10” x 10” or smaller.
Florida artists in all media excluding video/sound and installation art may submit work for consideration. Only original artwork 10 x 10 x 10 inches or smaller (including frame)will be accepted. Applicants must be 18 years or older. Applying artists must not have current gallery representation in Volusia County.*
Submission Deadline: Sunday, October 24 (midnight)
Notification: Saturday, October 30
Exhibition Dates: December 4, 2021 - January 11, 2022
Opening Reception: Saturday, December 4, 4 -7 PM
- Include up to 5 quality digital JPG images of works. Name each image with the title of the artwork and artist's name.
- Upload a numbered image inventory including titles, media, dimensions (H x W x D), and retail prices (PDF or Word Document).
- Upload Curriculum Vitae (artist resume) and/or biographical statement.
- Upload Artist Statement (optional).
- Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
- All submissions must represent the actual artwork as closely as possible.
All submissions will be juried by an anonymous panel of professional advisers along with the Gallery Director. Due to the volume of submissions received, we cannot accept phone inquiries, unsolicited submissions by email, mail, or unscheduled gallery visits for portfolio reviews. All applicants will be notified by email.
*Please note: Arts on Douglas has an exclusivity agreement with the artists we exhibit. Our exclusivity radius is Volusia County. If you exhibit your work with or are represented by another gallery, art space or art center in Volusia County, as a courtesy to your current representative, your submission will not be reviewed.
If accepted, the artist agrees to the following:
- All work must be available for sale and the artist agrees to a 50/50 commission split with the gallery.
- The artist is responsible for the delivery or shipment of artwork between November 16 - 27, 2021.
- The artist is responsible for pick-up or return shipment of unsold artworks: January 12 - 18, 2022.