Arts on Douglas was established in 1996 by artist and Atlantic Center for the Arts (ACA) founder, Doris Leeper and, artist and benefactor, Ed Harris. Originally conceived as a commercial gallery to promote the work and careers of professional artists from the state of Florida, the gallery has since formalized its affiliation with Atlantic Center for the Arts, combining missions, resources and programs, in order to further facilitate community engagement with the creative arts.
Arts on Douglas, a division of the Atlantic Center for the Arts, is now accepting submissions for the annual themed exhibition, Endless Summer. This is an opportunity for Florida artists to submit work that demonstrates their interpretation of the Endless Summer theme: summer ideals, memories, or perceptions of the summer season.
We are accepting submissions from Florida artists working in all media excluding video/sound and installation art. Only original artwork will be considered. Applicants must be 18 years or older. Applying artists must not have current gallery representation in Volusia County.*
Submission deadline: Midnight, June 20, 2020
Notification: June 27, 2020
- 2D or 3D original artwork.
- Open to artists residing in Florida.
- All works submitted for the exhibition must be available for sale.
- Upload digital images for up to 5 pieces (jpg format)
- Upload a numbered image inventory that includes titles, media, dimensions (HxWxD), and retail prices (pdf or doc/docx file).
- Upload Curriculum Vitae (artist resume) and/or biographical statement (pdf or doc/docx file).
- Image file titles must correspond to artwork titles used on the numbered inventory.
- Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
- All submission images must represent the actual artwork as closely as possible.
All submissions will be juried by an anonymous panel of art professionals collectively with the Gallery Director. Due to the volume of submissions received, we cannot accept phone inquiries, unsolicited submissions by email, mail, or unscheduled gallery visits for portfolio reviews. All applicants will be notified by e-mail.
*Please note: Arts on Douglas has an exclusivity agreement with the artists we exhibit. Our exclusivity radius is Volusia County. If you exhibit your work with or are represented by another gallery, art space, or art center in Volusia County, as a courtesy to your current representative, your submission will not be reviewed.
Exhibition dates: August 1 - 29, 2020
Opening: Saturday, August 1 (Details TBD as they relate to circumstances surrounding Covid-19 at that time)
Acceptance Terms (if selected):
- Artist must provide high-resolution images of works selected for the exhibition for use on our website and for publicity purposes.
- Artist agrees to a 50/50 commission split of all sold works.
- Artist is responsible for the delivery or shipment of artwork to arrive between July 21-25, 2020. Delivery of artwork can only be accepted during our regular hours of operation.
- Artist is responsible for the pick-up or return shipment of unsold artworks during gallery hours: September 1 - 5, 2020.
- If an Artist is shipping their work, they are responsible for round-trip shipping costs, including insurance, if applicable. The gallery is not responsible for damage incurred during shipment.
Arts on Douglas, a division of the Atlantic Center for the Arts is now accepting alt_space exhibition proposals for our 2021-2022 exhibition period.
Located within Arts on Douglas, the alt_space gallery is an exhibition space dedicated to Florida artists working in a variety of artistic genres that may include conceptual art, site specific installation, new media, digital media, video, sculpture, or other experimental practices and alternative processes. This space was conceived to provide emerging and established visual artists with a platform to engage the community in a dialogue about art process, methodology, concepts, and materials.
Each alt_space exhibition is installed for a 6 week display period. A total of 6 different exhibitions are presented in the alt_space each year.
Eligibility: Florida artists age 18 or older may apply. Individual and group exhibition proposals will be considered. Applying artists must not have current gallery representation in Volusia County.*
Submission Deadline: Saturday, August 1, 2020 (midnight)
Notification: Saturday, August 22
Please follow the link for a floor plan of the alt_space gallery: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0068/8802/files/alt_space_floorplan.pdf?8779614546412858523
- Upload up to 6 quality JPG images of work. If unable to provide images, please include a project proposal describing your plans for the space.
- Upload a numbered image inventory sheet that corresponds with uploaded images. Include titles, media, dimensions, and retail values (if applicable) as a PDF or Word Document.
- Upload Curriculum Vitae (artist resume) and/or a biographical statement (PDF or Word Document).
- Upload Artist Statement for the body of work in the proposal (PDF or Word Document).
- If you wish to include a video with your submission, there is a place on the form to provide a link to video files from YouTube or Vimeo.
All submissions will be juried by an anonymous panel of professional advisors along with the Gallery Director. Due to the volume of submissions received, we cannot accept phone inquiries, unsolicited submissions by email, mail, or unscheduled gallery visits for portfolio reviews. All applicants will be notified via email as to whether or not their proposal has been accepted for exhibit. If accepted, the gallery will follow up with the artist(s) to discuss details and to schedule their exhibition.
*Please note: Arts on Douglas has an exclusivity agreement with the artists we exhibit. Our exclusivity radius is Volusia county. If you exhibit your work with or are represented by another gallery, art space or art center in Volusia County, as a courtesy to your current representative, your submission will not be reviewed.