Arts on Douglas was established in 1996 by artist and Atlantic Center for the Arts (ACA) founder, Doris Leeper and, artist and benefactor, Ed Harris. Originally conceived as a commercial gallery to promote the work and careers of professional artists from the state of Florida, the gallery has since formalized its affiliation with Atlantic Center for the Arts, combining missions, resources and programs, in order to further facilitate community engagement with the creative arts.
Arts on Douglas, a division of the Atlantic Center for the Arts, is now accepting submissions for the annual themed exhibition, Endless Summer. This is an opportunity for Florida artists to submit work that demonstrates their interpretation of the Endless Summer theme: summer ideals, memories, or perceptions of the summer season.
We are accepting submissions for Florida artists working in all media excluding video/sound and installation art. Only original artwork will be considered. Applicants must be 18 years or older. Applying artists must not have current gallery representation in Volusia County.*
Submission deadline: Midnight, June 22, 2019
Notification: June 29, 2019
- 2D or 3D original artwork.
- Open to artists residing in Florida.
- All works submitted for exhibition must be available for sale.
- Upload digital images for up to 5 pieces (jpg format)
- Upload a numbered image inventory that includes titles, media, dimensions (HxWxD), and retail prices (pdf or doc/docx file).
- Upload Curriculum Vitae (artist resume) and/or biographical statement (pdf or doc/docx file).
- Image file titles must correspond to artwork titles used on the numbered inventory.
- Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
- All submission images must represent the actual artwork as closely as possible.
All submissions will be juried by an anonymous panel of art professionals collectively with the Gallery Director. Due to the volume of submissions received, we cannot accept phone inquiries, unsolicited submissions by email, mail, or unscheduled gallery visits for portfolio reviews. All applicants will be notified by e-mail.
*Please note: Arts on Douglas has an exclusivity agreement with the artists we exhibit. Our exclusivity radius is Volusia County. If you exhibit your work with or are represented by another gallery, art space or art center in Volusia County, as a courtesy to your current representative, your submission will not be reviewed.
Exhibition dates: August 3 - 31, 2019
Opening reception: Saturday, August 3, 4 -7 PM
General Guidelines (if accepted):
- Artist must provide high resolution images of works selected for the exhibition for use on our website and for publicity purposes.
- Artist agrees to a 50/50 commission split of all sold works.
- Artist is responsible for the delivery or shipment of artwork to arrive between July 23 - 27, 2019. Delivery of artwork can only be accepted during our regular hours of operation.
- Artist is responsible for the pick-up or return shipment of unsold artworks during gallery hours: September 3 - 7, 2019.
- If Artist is shipping their artwork, they are responsible for round-trip shipping costs, including insurance, if applicable. The gallery is not responsible for damage incurred during shipment.